MasterTop 1700 - Two-component water based epoxy resin
MasterTop 1700 is the polymer component and surface sealer for MasterTop 1710 and MasterTop 1730 flooring products; and may be used as the sealer/topcoat for MasterTop 1740 epoxy screed. When mixed and applied the resin is water vapour permeable allowing its use as a primer or Bodycoat on damp substrates and to coat ‘green’ concrete floors, which it will additionally help to cure and fully hydrate.
MasterTop 1700 is used as the surface sealer/Primer for MasterTop 1710, MasterTop 1730, MasterSeal range of products and as a topcoat for MasterTop 1740 epoxy screed. In this application MasterTop 1700 has good wear and abrasion resistance and is suitable for use with MasterTop 1740 in many industrial applications. It can be used as a surface coating where a hygienic and matt appearance is required, and is especially suitable in food, beverage, and wet process industries.
It provides impermeable protection against common oils, greases, lubricants, aviation fuels or oils such as Skydrol. In addition it offers good general chemical resistance, but as in all corrosive situations, a full analysis of operating and exposure conditions is required, followed by reference to chemical resistance data to ensure product suitability.
MasterTop 1700 as a primer or topcoat is used extensively in the following industries:
- Pharmaceutical & medical laboratory situations.
- Food and beverage production.
- Car production facilities.
- Aircraft hangars and maintenance areas.
- Warehouses - for installations with a medium frequency and volume of traffic.
- Traffic decking & Carparks
- Good wear and abrasion resistance.
- Easily applied.
- Seals porous substrates
- Easily cleaned
- Good general chemical resistance.
- Non-slip when wet.
- Can be applied to damp or green concrete.