MasterPozzolith RMC 60- A low dosage, high performance plasticising and strength increasing admixture for concrete with set retardation properties
Formerly: Pozzolith LD 60
How does MasterPozzolith RMC 60 work?
BASF's MasterPozzolith RMC 60 is a high performance concrete plasticiser and water reducing agent. Unlike conventional Iignosulphonate plasticisers it possesses the ability to increase early and ultimate strengths even at constant water cement ratios.
MasterPozzolith RMC 60 is designed to optimise hydration of the cement paste, subject to the mix design. When compared to a control concrete 28 days strengths are achievable in 7 days and similarly 7 days strengths are achievable within 3 days.
MasterPozzolith RMC 60 is a versatile product which can be utilised throughout a varying range of temperatures. It can be used as a standard plasticiser in the low dosage range through to a powerful retarder at the high dosage range.
Where is MasterPozzolith RMC 60 applied?
BASF's MasterPozzolith RMC 60 is used wherever optimum workability and maximum strengths are required such as:
- In areas of congested reinforcement where high workability is of benefit.
- Hot weather concreting where controlled delays to initial set are beneficial.
- Readymix concrete where workability retention coupled with retardation of initial set are beneficial.
- Concrete mixes containing mineral admixtures such as PFA, where maximum workability and maximum strength gain is beneficial.
What are the advantages of MasterPozzolith RMC 60?
- Highly effective over wide range of cement contents.
- Higher early and ultimate strengths.
- Low dosage.
- Improves workability whilst at the same time increasing compressive strength
- Permits water reduction, in the region of 10% to 15%.
- Increases impermeability and durability.
- Reduces placing problems in hot weather concreting by improving workability and workability retention.
- Improves surface finish, pumpability and trowellability.
- Enables significant economies in mix design to be achieved thereby saving cement.